Everything had come to a pause with the pandemic hitting the world in 2019. One of the significant disruptions it created was the access to educational facilities as schools shut down. Under our Shape A Future, we have been developing libraries for children to provide quality education. Considering the scenario we have been facing due to the pandemic, we decided on initiating a campaign, 'Digitising Education' under Shape A Future. Today, we are pleased to share that we recently supported 94 girls with mobile phones in one of the urban slums of Mumbai with incredible support from @sakhiforgirlseducation @klik2learn @theunconnectedorg and 48 percent. The availability of mobile phones will enable the girls to access their courses ranging from language classes mathematics to art and craft lessons. 'It was a heartwarming moment to witness the beautiful happy faces at the launch of this event. With what seems like BASIC to use due to easy access with a lifestyle filled with phones and the internet is something more than a LUXURY to the girls I met here. Their excitement to restart their courses online without any breaks simply because of access to a device was something that brought in a ray of hope, confidence, and happiness. I can not be more proud to share that the work we do at Go Dharmic is simply moving. Thank you, GD and Aarti Naik, for all that you do and for allowing me to be present at the launch.' - Vidhi Shah, Go Dharmic Volunteer.

Posted by Go Dharmic at 2022-02-23 07:46:30 UTC