Maharaja Yudhisthira has deeply inspired the idea of dharma followed at GD, although he made many mistakes in his life, he always acted out of the interest of others and those who are suffering. In the Mahabharata he said, ‘The wise say that abandoning anyone who is dependent and devoted is infinitely evil; it is as bad as murdering an enlightened saint. Therefore, it is my firm decision not to abandon this dog today for having done such a deed I could never again be content. This is the vow I always try to follow: never to abandon one who is terrified, never to abandon one who is devoted to me, never to abandon one who seeks my protection, never to abandon those who are destitute and poor, never to abandon those who are suffering, never to abandon one who has come to me for help, never to abandaon those who are unable to protect themselves, and never to abandon those who fear for their lives. I shall never turn away from those who need my help until I have breathed my last breath.’ To choose caring for a dog over the highest heavens, this is the Sanatana Dharma. This beautiful painting was by my dear friend @Alba Escayo for our book 'The Power of Dharma' of which the above text is an extract. May we always remember and repeat this shloka: I shall never turn away from those who need my help until I have breathed my last breath.’ Love. Hanuman Dass #powerofdharma

Posted by Hanuman Dass at 2021-09-29 19:42:47 UTC